Monday, December 15, 2014

Senators and Representatives

I walked across the fields of Washington DC, having such a glorious time.I'm so glad I wore my comfortable clothing, jeans and sweater. I looked around the entrances of the buildings and there were many metal detectors. Huh, well it's a good thing I didn't wear a belt or any buckles of any sort. I also saw that in the garbage were newly packed lunches, however all full of unhealthy substances. the White House doesn't seem to allow any unhealthy food so it would be best not to pack your own lunch.

I started to ponder about who really runs our country, specifically our state. The senators of California are Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer. I reside in District 8 and my representative is Rose Herrera. If I wanted to meet her, I'd probably have to contact her by her email which is stated on her page, and set up an appointment that way, and I'd meet with her at San Jose City Hall. However, I'd probably have to be careful about security, like a background check or metal detectors, since it is a rather important person I'm going to be talking to.

If I really did get the chance to talk to such an important person I'd ask about how we could get our youth to play a more important role in our government. Something that will include not only young adults, but teenagers. I feel like that teenagers have insightful ideas that may influence our government positively, but because some people are a bit closed minded they feel that younger people don't understand, but that's not true.

I pulled out my phone really quickly and made a note to meet with my representative. I tucked my phone back into my pocket, feeling slightly more lifted knowing that I'll be able to have some of my questions answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment