Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The White House Visit

My footstep started to quicken as I sprinted across the area that held this marvel of a building. My eyes glowed at all the fascinating artifacts and structures I ran by. Each room was absolutely huge, even the hallways took my away with their massive size. Although some rooms feel more important than others, like the Roosevelt Room where conferences would take place, or the Press Briefing Room to give more space to the growing White House Press Corps, the one place that really caught my eye was one that helps the public more than anything. Across the glistening and beautiful South Lawn lays The Kitchen Garden. The Garden simply took me away, not only with its amazing, clean-cut, fresh looks, but with its purpose. First Lady Michelle Obama was the one who implemented the garden to originally feed her family more healthily, but now it's used not only for her own consumption, but for the less fortunate. Sometimes, food grown in the crops are donated to Miriam;s Kitchen, which is a homeless shelter near the White House. This was really important to me as that it shows our authorities really do care about the public. I looked back at the large building of white. I would really like to visit this place once again, so might as well write a letter in advance. I swiftly took out my paper and pen and started writing.

3300, Quimby Road
San Jose
CA 95148
1600, Pennsylvania Ave Nw,
Washington, DC
MD 20500

12 December 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter to ask for permission to visit the White House. I would love to go and marvel and the spectaculars of the building and to obtain all the historical information and significance of the place as well. I want to see the amazing garden for myself, for I hear that much of the dinner's are grown right there, and they also donate the food to the needy. I also want to see the many different representations of the presidents that have gone by in the White House to see how our country has developed. I have heard many great things about the area and I want to experience them for myself. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter and I look forward to visiting.

Sincerely,

Calvin Li

As I dotted the last dot on my last name, my smile only grew wider as I knew I would be able visit once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment