Thursday, December 11, 2014

Visiting the Documents

I slowly walked into the National Archives Building, my eyes darting around to see all the splendid wonders I could pass. Once I entered the building, there were security guards in every corner. There must be something pretty important for it to have this much security. Next to the wall, laid a large row of displays. My footsteps quickened, but then quickly reduced to a slow walk as the guards stared at me with intimidating eyes as I approached the case. My eyes peered down towards the old, tan parchment. The elegant black ink writing was sprawled out across the page of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. They're very important to the United States because they represent our freedom and the rights of the people.

The Declaration of Independence is important to America because it stated our separation from the country England, and announced our freedom. It also tells the people that they are entitled to certain rights that cannot be taken away. It also states that everyone is treated equally, regardless of gender or race.

The Constitution is important to America because it was the basis of our government and what really formed the United States. It outlines all the rights of the citizens explicitly, giving a complete list of what we can or cannot do. The Constitution protects us from any wrongful acts that are committed. It allows everyone to be truly free, letting them act out their own religions and beliefs.

The United States government is in charge of enforcing and preserving the important documents. These documents represent our nation and what we stand for.

I took a couple steps back after reflecting on reading these documents. I turned on my heels and paced out the room; but not before taking another glance at the marvelous interior and of course the gleaming cases holding the most important documents of our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment