Monday, December 15, 2014

Union Station

After a long day of walking around Washington DC, I made my way to Union Station for some R&R. I walked around the buzzing place, people communicating and having fun. I look across the street and saw a restaurant called Sakura Japan. There was a nice lady handing out samples in the front, and I, of course, took one. The teriyaki chicken tasted splendid so I decided to go in. I'm a sucker for Asian food anyway. I kept it simple, ordering fried rice with teriyaki beef and a side order of vegetables. The portion to cost ratio was reasonable. The cook was fast and concise. I looked around and the restaurant was rather quaint and nice. I love the little rooster designs they have on the wall and the tiled feel. It was a nice place to go.

After my satisfying meal, I went outside and looked around. I wanted to bring something back home so I can remember my amazing experience at Washington DC. After traveling around I found a store with a rather fitting name called "America!"The front of the store was very patriotic ,with the colors red, blue, and white with faded pictures of famous American symbols. I walked inside, greeted with friendly voices. I browsed the bright store quickly and picked out a rather nice and simple hat with a eagle on it and a bobble head of our president, Barrack Obama.

I walked out of there happy and satisfied. Going to Washington DC was an amazing adventure and I hope I can come back sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment